Bookpiles, planners and found things.

/
2 Comments
It's ten days into 2012, and the start of my second week back in school. I feel restless, I don't know why. A lot of things have been happening lately, but they feel so external and out of focus. What's clear to me is that there is nothing in my immediate vicinity to read (by this, I mean fiction) and nothing (yet) to listen to. That's what 8tracks is for, however.

I'm not entirely sure if I should be disturbed that the bigger events are so out of focus. I will feel sad tomorrow, I will immerse myself in readings tomorrow, I will march again in the hot sun with the cool air brushing at my arms. But tonight is for writing.

As far as a life update goes, there's this: my younger sister passed the DLSU entrance exam. I hope she passes the other two, too. And then we'll have a problem. I saw Danie and Kira sitting by Magdangal today, so I stopped by to chat. I miss my Fiction class--most of them are doing thesis already, but I do hope a handful stay until next year. The topic of conversation was, of course, teachers and classmates and electives and possible thesis topics. I'm grateful Danie brought up MY future thesis though (a year, less than a year!) because if I plan to work on that huge folk/fantasy mess spread across several notebooks, then I'd better start now.

And this blog, too. I made it maybe in December or in November, because I was getting frustrated with wordpress and how it wasn't flexible enough in terms of layout. Another frustration was editing the tags and categories per post. *Glares at past self* So, new year, new blog. The goal is to keep on writing.

As for books to read for 2012: These are the ones I haven't gotten around to touching (or taking out of the plastic) despite having them for nearly a year. (Sorry, Yandra) They're all pretty short, which is what I need, I guess, after finishing A Dance With Dragons. (Don't get me started on that, *sniff*) Going to start with The Great Gatsby.



As for planners, I received a beautiful unmarked one as a birthday present. Its got the characters for 'small', 'flower' and 'woman' on it. Very appropriate. Lots of girl-illustrations too. I do like the fact that you can label the months yourself, though, and start anywhere you want in the year.




Bookpiles, planners. Here are two found things--verses I found in the 'favorites' section of my phone's Bible.

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." -- Hebrews 4:12

"For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and in very place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts." -- Malachi 1:11

I am looking forward to finding some more. Six books in, and it seems I can't get enough of the Old Testament. Gotta strike a balance, though!

Lastly, as a result of the festivities, I have two more plushies than I know what to do with. The green thing is an unnamed gremlin ('Gremlin' would suffice as a name, actually) and the precious whaleshark sitting on top of it is named....JManchuria. (I had no choice). The whaleshark acquisition will most likely spark the beginning of a mad dash to collect more strange-animal plushies (ostriches! platypi! narwhals?), which I am also looking forward to. Thank you, Georgiana.



Happy New Year, everyone. Or, in Japanese: Shinnen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!




You may also like

Powered by Blogger.